2009 New York Festivals Winners: ABS-CBN vs GMA-7

The New York Festivals, established some 51 years ago, recognizes work in a number of areas from documentaries to music videos and infomercials. Competitors include international and Asian broadcasters such as BBC, ESPN and Fuji Television Network.

Here are the complete list of Awards won by ABS-CBN and GMA-7:

ABS-CBN (Kapamilya) AWARDS:

  • Gold World Medal - Variety Special: Bantay Bata 163 10th Anniversary Special



  • Silver World Medal - Talk/Interview: Boy and Kris



  • Silver World Medal - Action/Adventure: Mars Ravelo’s Lastikman



  • Silver World Medal - Investigative Report: Bandila - “Glutathaione Expose”



  • Best News Reporter: Korina Sanchez



  • Best Children’s Program: Kung Fu Kids



  • Best Family Program: Wowowee



  • Best Magazine Format: Rated K


GMA-7 (Kapuso) and QTV Awards:

  • Gold World Medal - Coverage of an Ongoing Story: Jiggy Manicad’s 24 Oras coverage of Corporal Abeto



  • Gold World Medal - Biography/Profiles Category: Inno Sotto: A Fashion Special Documentary (QTV)



  • Silver World Medal - Newscast: 24 Oras - “Lanao Attacks”



  • Bronze World Medal - Magazine Format: Chef to Go - “Pesco Vegetarian Meal” Episode (QTV)



  • Bronze World Medal - Public Affairs: Reporters Notebook - Pinays for Export: The Asia Sex Trafficking Trail



  • Action/Adventure: Joaquin Bordado



  • Social Issues/Current Events Category: Emergency’s “Jumper Kids/Battered Children”



  • Community Portraits Category: I-Witness’ “Crystal Mountain” Episode



  • Best Magazine Format: The Sweet Life (QTV)



  • Best Magazine Format: Ang Pinaka’s “Ang Pinaka Sikat na Pinoy sa Internet” (QTV)



  • Best Coverage of Breaking News: News on Q’s “Batasan Blast” (QTV)



  • Social Issues/Current Events Category: Draw the Line’s “Ormoc Cult, Early Marriage and Trafficking” episode (QTV)


Final Tally of Awards won by each network:

  • ABS-CBN- 8 awards

  • GMA-7 -6 awards

  • QTV- 6 awards

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. astig.. un lng.. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. @frozen, astig talaga! hehe... naka-cp ka ba?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate your site. The Internet is new to me, being that I just retired. I am reading blogs on many topics, and commenting too. You have made your blog more interesting than most that I read. Thanks for that. I have started my own blog and website. There was a place to include an email and address, so I have done that. Is it ok that I included them? TheVeryBest2You 13 7

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Your comment may or may not appear immediately. Please do not submit it twice! Certain words may trigger a spam filtering delay. Please refrain from profanity; inappropriate comments may be deleted by the author's sole discretion.