- BRAVIA Internet Video: Access movies, music, videos & more
- Built-in Wi-Fi & Blu-ray 3D playback capability
- iPhone/iPod touch BD Remote
- Quick Start/Load to watch movies faster than ever
- DLNA wireless streaming of photos, videos and music
Product Description
Begin enjoying Blu-ray 3D movies in Full HD 1080p or DVDs in near HD quality faster than ever with the Sony BDP-S570 Blu-ray Disc Player. Wirelessly stream photos, videos and music or instantly access a wide variety of entertainment apps including: Netflix, , Pandora, Slacker, Picasa, YouTube and more. You can also turn your iPhone or iPod touch into a remote control by downloading a free app.
Sony BDP-S570 Blu-ray Disc Player
2 Comments
My Panasonic DMP-BD10AK cannot play the Start Trek Original Series season 2 Blu-ray. Panasonic also has no plans for a firmware update to correct this. Since I will no longer be buying Panasonic products due to this continuing problem with their hardware (which also couldn't play Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring - Extended Edition for years after the player was released, until a firmware update finally was released in 2008), I had to find a replacement.
ReplyDeleteI read some reviews of this brand new Sony BDP-S570 player, and took the plunge. Thank goodness I did, because this player is FAST! No more turning on my Panasonic piece-of-junk and then going to the fridge, bathroom, etc. before the disc would even eject! No more waiting four minutes for Blu-ray discs with heavy BD Java content to load. And now I've got wired or wireless Internet access for BD-Live content, Netflix, YouTube, free Sony content, etc. that is just fantastic.
My only gripe is that the player doesn't seem to consistently remember where I left off on a disc. For example, I was in the middle of (finally) watching one of the Start Trek TOS episodes when my wife reminded me we had dinner plans. So I turned off everything and went to dinner. Three hours later, I came home, turned on the system, and the player DID NOT pick up from where I left off. Rather, it started the entire disc up again from the logos, trailers, non-skippable worthless FBI warnings, etc.
And yet, just the other day, I turned off the South Park season 13 disc mid-way through an episode, and when I came back and turned everything on, it picked up right where I left off. The user manual (joke!) doesn't address this, and I can't find any additional documentation online.
If this feature is made consistent and controllable with a future firmware update, this player will be five instead of four stars.
Rating: 4 / 5
The sony S570 is a great player. The fast load system is excellent and much faster than the older 300s models. The setup was easy (it walks you through each step) I use the wireless N router and the speeds are awesome. Seamless integration with our Netflix account and the ability to watch Youtube videos is a great addition to what the player can do. Great 1080p picture and good upconversion of dvds. Do not be afraid of this player. If you have a netflix account or would like to watch youtube videos on your TV- this is your player. Also on a side note- you have several other choices besides Netflix and youtube. You have Amazons video on demand service and several other free video services.
ReplyDeleteRating: 5 / 5
Please note: Your comment may or may not appear immediately. Please do not submit it twice! Certain words may trigger a spam filtering delay. Please refrain from profanity; inappropriate comments may be deleted by the author's sole discretion.