ABS-CBN Baguio
18 years after a Magnitude 7.8 killer earthquake killed thousands and devastated Baguio City, a group of locals offered flowers and prayers at the shrine of the Brown Madonna to commemorate the victims.
"We'd like to offer our prayers for the victims who died during the 1990 killer earthquake and we do this every year," said Nars Padilla, National Correspondent's Club of Baguio president
Shakey Jane Sannadan who was born during the earthquake was thankful that she survived the ordeal.
"I am thankful and blessed that I survived; and I am thankful that I was one of the people who lived and was born during a time when so many people died," said Shakey.
But as survivors and families of those who died in the earthquake remember their loved ones, rumors of another killer quake have spread on the Internet.
Experts, including those from PHIVOLCS, have dismissed the rumors as a hoax but urged residents to remain vigilant.
Be one with us! Go to "Subscriber's Area"
0 Comments
Please note: Your comment may or may not appear immediately. Please do not submit it twice! Certain words may trigger a spam filtering delay. Please refrain from profanity; inappropriate comments may be deleted by the author's sole discretion.