ABS-CBN: Willie Revillame did not violate Broadcast Code of the Philippines

Here's the official statement of ABS-CBN:

Here is the letter in its entirety:
Dear Ms. Gozum:
We write in reply to your letter dated 10August 2009, requesting ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corporation to comment on the complaint of Movie and Television Review & Classification Board (MTRCB) Chairperson Ma. Consoliza P. Laguardia dated 10August 2009, and an undated statement of Jerry Yap, President of the Alyansa ng Filipino Mamamahayag (AFIMA).
The said complaint and statement both refer to the 03 August 2009 episode of the television program Wowowee, wherein the funeral cortege of the late President Corazon C. Aquino was exhibited as an inset in portions of the said program. The MTRCB letter alleges that Mr. Revillame "appeared to arrogantly demand the removal of the inset screen showing the funeral cortege." The Honorable MTRCB Chairperson then opined that the said act was "desecrating the dead" and, thus, "seems to be in violation of Article 20, Section 2, of the Broadcast Code of the Philippines." On the other hand, the AFIMA statement states that "[f]or him to demand the removal of the little window screen showing the funeral march of the woman who got ABS-CBN back from Marcos is a blasphemy of democracy, an act despicable x x x." It appears, therefore, that the complaint and statement are both based on the alleged disrespect by Mr. Revillame to the late former President Aquino.
It is ABS-CBN's position that there was no disrespect of the dead by Mr. Revillame. When the funeral cortege of former President Aquino was shown as an inset during Wowowee, Mr. Revillame expressed his opinion of the inappropriateness of the simultaneous exhibition of both the funeral cortege and Wowowee, and his preference that only one or the other be shown.
In expressing his opinion and preference, though, Mr. Revillame did not show disrespect for former President Aquino. In fact, the contrary is true. In making his statements, Mr. Revillame wanted to give due respect to former President Aquino and her funeral cortege.
Indeed, in Filipino culture, customs, and tradition, ceremonies involving the dead are solemn and sober. Thus, the laughter, jokes, and happiness usually seen in a program like Wowowee would appear to be inappropriate when viewed together with the funeral cortege. On the one hand, the Filipino people are mourning the death of a loved and respected former President, and on the other hand, Wowowee is trying to entertain its audience.
It appears, therefore, that Mr. Revillame's issue was with the inappropriateness of Wowowee and the funeral cortege being shown together, and not with the funeral cortege itself. While it may be argued that Mr. Revillame could have expressed his thoughts in a better way and that it would have been better to raise them privately, instead of the public manner in which he did, such was not disrespectful of the dead and does not constitute an offense under the KBP Broadcast Code of the Philippines.
We trust the foregoing comment satisfactorily establishes that there was no violation of the KBP Broadcast Code of the Philippines.
Very truly yours,
MA. SOCORRO V. VIDANES
Head, Channel 2


via Pep.ph

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. In that case, I'm very disappointed to Willie Revillame, dapat hindi na siya nagsalita ng anuman, ang pagkamatay at pagkalibing sa ating Mahal na Pangulo na si Pres. Corazon C. Aquino ay minsan lang mapapanood sa tv at ebobroadcast samantalang ang show niya ay Lunes hanggang Sabado, ngayon kung saan nakapagbitaw na siya ng salita hihingi siya ng sorry dapat bago siya magsalita isipin niya muna, kaya tuloy tinitira siya ni Joey De Leon kase siya rin ang gumagawa ng ikakapahamak niya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least wala siyang nilabag na rules regarding sa Broadcast Code of the Philippines. Well ngayon pinagtatanggol siya ng ABS-CBN. Makakabalik na rin siya.

    Ang buhay ng tao pag walang kritiko, di mag iimprove. Tinitignan naman ni Willie ang positive side ng paninira ni Manong Joey. I think Willie will learn from this

    ReplyDelete
  3. "While it may be argued that Mr. Revillame could have expressed his thoughts in a better way and that it would have been better to raise them privately, instead of the public manner in which he did...."

    Precisely! Mahirap ba gawin ito, Willie?
    Ok, kung nde si Willie ang dapat i-blame? Sino?
    Yun traffic? Yun director ng Wowowee? Yun ABS-CBN management?
    I think someone's head should roll for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PLEASE READ:










































    "Sinira mo po buhay namin.Sinira mo po ang pamilya ko": Anti-Willie Revillame Movement sinimulan ng 12 year old





































    “Yes, I am the eldest daughter of Raymond Ronquillo, and I am a victim of Tito Willie’s hurtful jokes on Wowowee. Everything you read on the newspapers and Internet is true (Tito Willie’s cars, Aiko Climaco).

    I had a happy family before my papa became friends with tito Willie. I had a papa who took care of us and loved us so much. But now, we don’t have a papa anymore.

    I know Tito Willie or even Tito Willie’s friends know about this group. If anyone who knows Tito Willie, please pass my letter to tito Willie.

    Dear Tito Willie,

    I once had a happy family before you came into our lives. I had a papa who cared for us and loved my mama very much. I had a family. Now it’s just my mama, my sisters Robbie and our baby Alex and me. It was because of you, your money and your girls why he left us. Sana may papa pa po kami. We don’t see our papa anymore. He doesn’t talk to us and doesn’t spend time with us.

    Mas nakakasama mo pa po siya kesa sa amin. I miss my papa. We miss our papa. We miss going to church with him. Sa mall, sa restaurant, sa birthday po namin wala rin siya kasi kayo ang magkasama.

    Tito Willie, sabi mo po tutulungan mo maayos ang family namin. Pero bakit ganun po? Pinapahiya mo kami sa TV, pinagkakalat mo pa po yung sa kanila ni Aiko. People laugh at us in school. I am hurt. Nahihiya po ako. Nasasaktan po ako kapag nagsusumbong sa akin si Robbie. Mas nasasaktan po kami kapag si mama ang nakikita namin umiiyak kasi mahal niya si papa. You promised to help us.

    Ang sakit na po Tito Willie. Sabi ni papa, joke lang yung mga sinasabi mo sa TV, e tito hindi naman po nakakatawa yung mga sinasabi mo kasi ginagawa mong pagtawanan ang papa ko. Sinasaktan mo po ang mama ko, sinasaktan mo po kami dahil pinapamukha mo po sa lahat ng tao na si papa, may babae. Ano po bang kasalanan namin sa yo? Wala naman po kaming ginagawang masama sa ‘yo. Tapos ngayon sinama mo pa si papa sa Davao para magkasama sila ni Aiko. Sana po kami na lang ang pinasamahan mo kay papa para nakasama namin siya.

    Tito Willie, please ‘wag mo po kaming saktan na. Kasi naaawa na po ako sa sarili ko. You made fun of us 5 times already on TV. Sabi ni papa, sinabi niya na po sa ‘yo na wag mo na kaming pinapahiya sa TV, pero ginawa mo pa uli. Kung hindi pa kami ipagtatanggol ni mama e sino pa po ang tutulong sa amin? Si papa pinabayaan na nga kami, tapos yung promise mo po sa amin na tutulungan mo kaming maayos ang family namin, lalo mo pong sinira.

    Tito I may be young but I have feelings. I am very hurt. I don’t want to cry anymore. I am hurt because you don’t understand how I feel, how my sisters and my mama feel. I’m hurt because I lost my papa and you don’t seem to care for us as my papa’s family. Tito Willie, you’re my papa’s bestfriend. Di ba po ang mag- bestfriend nag­tutulungan tapos sinasabi yung totoo lalo na pag may ginagawa silang masama? Tito I’m only 12 but I know what’s right and wrong. May asawa po ang papa ko, mama ko yun, bakit po hindi mo pagsabihan si papa at si Aiko? Bakit ikaw pa po ang tumutulong na magkasama sila?

    I’m glad you’re not my papa Tito Willie. Kasi po kung ikaw ang papa ko baka po mas masakit pa yung nara­ramdaman namin ng mga kapatid ko. Ikaw ang papa namin pero papahiyain mo po kami sa maraming tao. Hindi po joke ‘yung ginagawa mo kasi po ginagawa mo pong pagtawanan ang buhay namin sa TV. I hate you so much tito Willie. Sinira mo po buhay namin. Sinira mo po ang pamilya ko. Ang _______ mo po.

    You will go _______ I hate you so much!!

    Hate you Tito Willie,

    Chloe Ronquillo

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ SOLIDUS........................
    Please read what has the 12 year old daughter of Mr. Ronquillo wrote.
    Ano kaya pakiramdam mo kung ikaw ang 12 year old na iyon? Ngayon, sabihin mong walang nilabag ang willie na yun sa "Broadcast Code of the Philippines"?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well regarding diyan sa Letter ng bata. I am a family man myself and I will not sacrifice my Children for the sake of entertainment. Thanks for sharing the hate letter. I will not do what happened to Mr. Ronquillo's family.

    I suggest you should go with the topic. Nalihis ka ke Cory Aquino, Ke Cory tayo dapat at sa mga sinabi niya naka focus ang topic. Gawa ka ng topic regarding the hate letter.

    Well I am basing my Ideas on facts and proof. Pinatawad siya ng Aquino family, then we should move on. Sa una talaga nakakagalit but kailangan bang umikot ang mundo dito. Let the courts decide on this. Just bury the hatchet and we can focus on our more productive life. Well lovethisguy218 hope this enlightens you. Thank you for the comment

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Your comment may or may not appear immediately. Please do not submit it twice! Certain words may trigger a spam filtering delay. Please refrain from profanity; inappropriate comments may be deleted by the author's sole discretion.