- A headset system designed for audio professionals
- 40 mm drivers deliver accurate sound throughout the frequency range
- Circum-aural design keeps ears comfortable
- Reduces noise from the outside world
- Copper-Clad Aluminum Wire (CCAW) Voice Coil enhances movement of PET diaphragm
Product Description
Step up to a higher level of quality sound. The MDRV6 headphones boost a 40 MM Diameter Driver for Deep, Accurate Bass, a flexible folding design for easy portability and a very comfortable fit. PRODUCT FEATURES: 40 MM Diameter Driver for Deep, Accurate Bass; Circum-Aural Design Reduces Outside Noise; Folding Design for Easy Portability; Oxygen-Free Copper Litz Cord for Low Noise; Stereo UniMatch Plug for Indoor and Outdoor Use; Wide, Padded Headband for Long-Lasting Comfort.
Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones with CCAW Voice Coil
5 Comments
As far as I know, refurbuished products have the same specifications as the new ones. Not in this case, I received the headphones with wires STRETCHED out, a clear sign of long time usage and maybe even abusive usage. MDR V6 is suppose to have a stretchable wire, not 2 meters of permanantely stretched wire dragging around.
ReplyDeleteRating: 1 / 5
I have owned these headphones for approximately seven (7) months. The headphones were well treated, but developed extreme static and moments of no sound. Apparently there is a short. SONY's web site and 800 number are impossible for service. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!
ReplyDeleteRating: 1 / 5
I purchased these SONY's to replace my venerable MDR-7504 headphones (RIP). No where near the sound or build quality. The jack connector is already getting noisy and the overall sound is too trebly, even after a 24 hour burn in. I threw out the packaging so I'm stuck with them. Life goes on.
ReplyDeleteRating: 1 / 5
After returning a set of Sennheiser 280PRO to Amazon since they were broken out of the box I decided to try another brand and see if maybe quality would be better. The Sony MDR-V6 does indeed sound very good and would have suited my application (PC recording) perfectly but unfortunately these are also broken out of the box, something is lose inside the connector and when you touch it you lose sound in one ear.
ReplyDeleteSo these are going back as well. Maybe I'll try some AKGs next, I need something with better build quality than what Sony and Sennheiser are putting out.
I'm sure I have placed 100+ orders with Amazon through the years and only two times (these two headphones) did I receive items that were broken on delivery.
I guess you get what you pay for. Amazon is the cheapest so maybe there are some refurbished or B-stock type items that is being offered. I will probably have to step up and pay a little more somewhere else to get a working product.
I do want to point out that Amazon's return policy is quite good so that makes me comfortable continuing being a customer with Amazon although I will be looking elsewhere for headphones.
Rating: 2 / 5
After reading all the praises over these headphones, I decided to purchase them..so know I wonder, I don't know what kind of music you guys listen to, but it's not that these things have not the greatest bass, is that they simply do NOT have bass.
ReplyDeleteI would definitely use these phones for what they were made for at first, which is fidel monitor reproduction or studio works, but on a everyday basis, they just totally don't do it for me.Any reccomendations?
Rating: 3 / 5
Please note: Your comment may or may not appear immediately. Please do not submit it twice! Certain words may trigger a spam filtering delay. Please refrain from profanity; inappropriate comments may be deleted by the author's sole discretion.